PPSU physical property made by Smart Molding® method
We tested some physical properties of our PPSU (Poly Phenyl Sulfone) made by our original method "Smart Molding®".
The PPSU material we used for the test is the RADEL® R-500NT (Solvay Specialty Polymers) natural grade pelets.
We show the values of the some physical tests for PPSU test pieces made by general injection molding and our developed Smart Molding, in the below.
• Comparison of PPSU physical property which made by general injection molding and Smart molding®.
|Unit||General injection||ASTM||Smart Molding®||ASTM+ISO|
|Glass transition temperature||℃||220||DSC||221|
|Tensile strength||MPa||70||D792||81||ISO 527|
|Tensile elongation rate (yield)||%||7.2||D638||7.2||ISO 527|
|Flexural strength||MPa||105||D790||98||ISO 178|
|Flexural modulus||GPa||2.41||D790||2.25||ISO 178|
|Rockwell hardness||R122||D785||R127||ISO 2039-2
|Deflection temperature under load||℃||207 (1.81MPa)||D648||212 (1.80MPa)||ISO 75|
|Coefficient of linear expansion||µm/m°C||56||E831||54|
Tested on November 2015.
Test pieces: RADEL® R-500NT (Solvay Specialty Polymaers)
• The feature of KDA's PPSU
• The quality is same as general PPSU by injection molding.
• Our PPSU's value of tensile strength is higher than general PPSU's by injection molding.
• Our PPSU's value of deflection temperature under load is a little higher than general PPSU's by injection mold.
The manufacturing process of our original method "Smart Molding®" is differ from generaly injection molding's. So as a feature in case of thin parts, our products are hard to warp.